I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Sunday, July 24, 2005
DO INSECTS HAVE KNEES?

brendalove@gmail.com

Just some random things:


I wish you could have been here when I discovered a perfect insect skeleton specimen laying on top of my clothes dryer. I'm thinking maybe a spider had trapped this insect because it was stripped of all "flesh".....a perfectly cleaned skeleton. I gathered it up in the time-honored scientific fashion - toothpicks and paper towel - and put it under the microscrope. And it was awesome! The skull was intact as was the neck bones, I don't think I've ever looked at a insect skull before. The wings were basically gone but all the legs were there and I was able to manipulate them to watch how the insect used his legs as far as bending. No kneecaps were spotted, though I guess he COULD have knees. So what kind of insect was it? Who knows? But I learned things, so I guess that's all that matters.


I've been having a serious depression bout, as I seem to do every few years. When I feel like this, I get even more reclusive than I already am. The front door is locked tight, the shades are pulled, and if your name doesn't come up on caller ID, I ain't answering. I talked to my sister about it and she recommended taking a class to get me out amongst some people to help me snap out of it. Forced socialization has worked in the past, so I'm game. I'm thinking about taking an art class, I haven't been to one in at least 10 years. There's an acrylics class coming up at the local community college, so I might go for it. The only thing is that it doesn't start till September. Maybe I'll get it all out of my system until then.


Apparently my favorite singing angel, the perpetually soused Charlotte Church, is thinking of joining the Church of Scientology.
http://www.perezhilton.com/topics/charlotte_church/charlotte_church_goes_to_the_dark_side_20050723.php#comments
Don't do it, Char! Scientology = Evil. Singing = Good.

Ta ta for now.