I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Wednesday, June 01, 2005
ODE TO OFFICER MALLOY

brendalove@gmail.com


Bad boys, bad boys
Whatcha gonna do?
Whatcha gonna do
When they come for you?

While writing my Tony Curtis dissertation, I knew I was going to continue on with a discussion of Officer Pete Malloy of Adam-12.

Adam-12 was a TV cop show that came on when I was a kid. The dinner dishes HAD to be done, but I could sit in the doorway to the living room and watch Adam-12....as long as I was back on the dishes during the commercials.

Officer Malloy was the ultimate cop. I was vaguely aware that Officer Malloy was actually an actor named Martin Milner, but that was just too much information. He was OFFICER MALLOY, always was, always will be. And even if he was an actor, you just knew that when he wasn't busy filming that he was fighting crime in his off-hours.



Malloy contemplates arresting the whole world.

We didn't really care too much about that other guy, Officer Reed, though I did have a cousin that thought he was cute, but that wasn't important. Officer Reed was just a rookie, it was Officer Malloy who was the veteran and he knew everything. You could depend on him to get the job done.

We need Officer Malloy today. He could handle all the dopeheads and gun problems. He'd just crack them upside the head and lecture to them and get them straight. If you are thinking of commiting a crime, just ask yourself "What would Officer Malloy do?".....I'm sure you'll find yourself walking the straight path.

And here is Officer Malloy today. I'm certain he's still fighting crime in some capacity or other. WE LOVE YOU OFFICER MALLOY!