I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, June 09, 2005
THE DALAI LAMA

Brendalove@gmail.com



I have been reading a book about the Dalai Lama and the concept of forgiveness. He's a very interesting guy. He is the leader of the Tibetan people. He and his people were forced into exile in 1959 by the Chinese. That's all I really know for now but I am enjoying his ideas of forgiveness, compassion and love as all mankind are interdependent upon each other. Now I'm interested in learning more about Tibet and the history, so I figure another book will need to purchased somewhere down the line. He's also heavy into meditation, and now I want to get back to doing some meditation myself.

I've never been very successful at meditation....I could never get completely still and when I did become completely still, I often would fall asleep! I have since learned YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THAT. It's okay to scratch your nose or stretch a little during meditation. Maybe I really should read a book. But reading a book on meditation seems so strange. It seems like you should be able to just meditate and know what you need to know!

Sometimes I get exasperated because I feel like time is running out. Imagine if you were attempting to be perfect. You'd get up every morning and exercise the body until you attained cardiovascular target zones. Then don't forget your weight training! After that comes meditation and prayer, to satisfy your spiritual needs followed by some breakfast...then its time to dig into the news. By the time you got all this done.....hell, its 10:00 in the morning and you're late for work!