I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, April 14, 2005
BRITNEY SPEARS AND POO

brendalove@gmail.com

I've been watching a little bit of a music channel called Fuse lately and its okay as far as music channels go. The thing that really attracted me to keep it on the channel was the fact that they played an actual music video. Somebody forgot to tell the channel managers that "music channel" actually means "reality shows", I guess. And Fuse plays the same ol' playlist over and over just like a radio station....except every once in awhile they play something random and you just stop in your tracks. They played "In Circles" by Sunny Day Real Estate a little while ago and I was stunned. All of a sudden it was the 90's again and all the lead singers had psychotic looks on their faces while they sang.

Yep, you got it.


That's what I'm talking about.


DITTO.

The best news of the day is that Britney Spears has finally revealed that she is pregnant! HURRAY!!!!! Now, can we finally stop talking about her? Julia Roberts is one of the greatest movie stars on the planet and we all managed to keep our sanity when she was pregnant....with twins, no less. So maybe we can all relax and not dwell on every moment of Britney's pregnancy. Although one internet nerd with nothing more to do did manage to create a composite drawing of what an offspring from a Britney Spears/Kevin Federline union would look like:



I crack up every time I look at this. LOL! Too funny! Thank God for internet nerds with too much time on their hands.

My long-suspected obsessive-compulsive disorder is in full swing.....I am obsessed with history pre-1800's.....and how they dealt with their poo. What did they do with it? Well, does this drawing from the 1700's answer any questions for you?


Notice the hand coming out of the window on the upper left hand side. I have been assured that is NOT yesterday's rancid coffee getting dumped out of the window but rather fresh poo and other various bodily liquids. Who assured me of this? Richard Zacks, in his book called "An Underground Education" (the unauthorized and outrageous supplement to everything you thought you knew about art, sex, business, crime, science, medicine, and other fields of human knowledge.). This book is just as good as it sounds....however, I'm at the Poo Chapter right now and its driving me crazy. Mr. Zachs has presented all the hardcore facts necessary for me to conclude that the pre-1800's were just as nasty as I've always suspected they were.

Remember this next time you view a gorgeous medieval castle: the castles had small open chambers which let the poo drop down outdoors into the moat below but these eventually fell out of favor. Apparently it was not unknown for those using the holes to get a flaming arrow up the ass. However, this didn't stop the desecration of the moat....it was fact that a fragrant moat was often a prime defense of a castle.



Expect to hear some more from Mr. Zacks' book.