I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Saturday, January 29, 2005
NAPOLEON DYNAMITE

Brendalove@gmail.com


Sparkle, Bitchard and I hit Blockbuster this evening and rented a few DVDs. One of those was Napoleon Dynamite. It's really funny you guys. Extremely offbeat and irreverant and pretty stupid. Go rent it if you haven't already. Make sure you visit the laundry room before you watch it. I used to visit the laundry room occasionally until the plumbers came the other day and stole.....oh, never mind.


Sparkle, Bitchard and I were out running errands this evening because guess what's on the way tomorrow? Yep. And this time there's going to be ice! I'm totally prepared for any power outages or other problems....I have batteries, kerosene, alcoholic beverages, candles, Ouija Board and a carrot for a snowman nose. If my blog doesn't get updated, you will know all power was lost!

Boy, this book I have called "The Great Influenza" by John M. Barry has been quite a thought-provoker so far. The only thing is, the thoughts it is provoking have nothing to do with influenza, but whatever! At least the ol' brainwheels are turning. Here's a quote that really touched my heart:



"A virus has only one function: to replicate itself. But unlike other life forms (if a virus is considered a life form), a virus does not even do that itself. It invades cells that have energy and then, like some alien puppet master, it subverts them, takes them over, forces them to make thousands, and in some cases hundreds of thousands, of new viruses."


Wow, I know ACTUAL PEOPLE that are just like viruses! Their only function is to take over your life, zap all of your energy and multiply the misery hundreds of thousands of times over. And I bet you've known quite a few viruses in your lifetime too!


And this has absolutely nothing to do with anything but check out this rock and roller from the 1400's. I think they said his name was Meate Loafe. Singing "Ye Olde Belles of Helle". And people spend time arguing about whether Elvis or the old bluesmasters invented rock and roll. Yeesh.