I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Monday, January 31, 2005
HISTORY OF THE MUSIC PROBLEM PART 2: DEDICATIONS

brendalove@gmail.com


"Hi, welcome to Planet Brenda, I'm Casey Kasem. Tonight we'll be having Dedications and a stroll down memory lane for all of those out there that love the music. This one goes out to everyone out there, wherever you are, who are in your cars on this Saturday night, cruising and feeling the beat"......

"Baby, let's cruise away from here.......Don't be confused, the way is clear........And if you want it you got it forever......This is not a one night stand, babe, yeah"......

"Let's get the beat going a little faster.....or as they say in this day and time....get the party started!"

"Yeah, they were dancin'...... and singin'.........And movin' to the groovin'........And just when....it hit me.....Somebody turned around and shouted Play that funky music, white boy! Lay down that boogie and play that funky music till you die!"

"Here's a special dedication to Greg over at http://hastyruminations.blogspot.com/ , who was quoting lyrics from this song on Planet Brenda merely DAYS ago.....

"Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight......Gonna grab some afternoon delight. My motto's always been; when it's right, it's right.......Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night"

This next song goes out to all the little girls that always wanted to righteously jam out....by two girls who USED to righteously jam out........


So this ain't the end - I saw you agaaaaaaaaain...... today........I Had to turn my heart away..........

Next is a long-distance dedication from the mailbag:
Dear Casey:
Me and my boyfriend got together, then we broke up, but we got back together, then we broke up again, but we finally got back together.....only to break up. And now, Casey, I don't know where he is. But I will always travel the long and winding roads looking for him. Please dedicate this song to my long lost Bubba. Love, Lulu

The wild and windy night....That the rain washed away......Has left a pool of tears......Crying for the day.....Why leave me standing here.....Let me know the way!

Next comes a DOUBLE dedication for Christina over at http://www.wherepigsfly.blogspot.com/ - a two-fer guaranteed to rock her to the bone!

(Ahem, notice the pink vinyl!)


"I been walking the streets at night......just tryin' to get it right.....Hard to see with so many around.......you know I don't like being stuck in the crowd."

Time for the Golden Oldie of the Day.......

"It’s just a little street.....Where old friends meet........And treat you in the same old way."

This next dedication is for Kyle at http://www.tarwire.blogspot.com/ ......a little Mark Lanegan on the green vinyl.....

"Something has badly gone wrong with me.......Livin's not hard, it's just not easy"

Next up is the debut record recorded by a coal miner's daughter when she was about 24 years old. Could this possibly be one of the very records Loretta and Doo pimped all over the South in 1959/1960?

"Ever since you left me I've done nothing but wrong......many nights I've laid awake and cried"....

This next dedication is to all the men out there, they always love to hear this one....

"And I need you more than want you.....and I want you for all time......And the Wichita Lineman....is still on the liiiiiiiiine"......

And while we're in depression mode:

[I don't remember the lyrics to this one....but I bet I could probably make a good guess!]

Next is a dedication to all those actors that want to have hit records:

[It don't usually work out, baby]

If the parents are away....this is a hard rockin' one to play....

"Now you're messin' with a son-of-a bitch!"

For all those one hundred million Elvis fans out there.....

"She's not you.....my beautiful....big ol' fluffy biscuit"......

And for the final dedication of the evening:

To all the people down at the 7-11 and the Strange Things that happen to them.....crack addiction, drive-by shootings, prostitution.......