I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, January 13, 2005
HERE DEVIL

brendalove@gmail.com


Here's a true story that might amuse you.

Devilish Thing
March 5, 1957
Several residents of Davis Street were "shook up" last night when they saw lights flashing in Maplewood Cemetery and heard what sounded like two departed souls calling on Satan.

But what residents actually heard was Patrolmen C.J. Simpson and R.D. Love calling out "Here, Devil, here, Devil!"

The Devil being sought after was a dog named Devil belonging Mr. and Mrs. Robert Browning.

LOL! My dad was out in the graveyard summoning the Devil. I don't know why the people called the cops to find their dog but while they were trying to get the dog more calls came in to the switchboard from other people to reporting the police to the police! I can just imagine all the laughter if you tried to call the police to find your dog this day and time.

My sister let me take my Dad's scrapbook and I am going to be transcribing all the articles in there onto disk so we'll always have them. I can't wait to get into some of these articles. I will pass on the good stories. There's some good car wrecks in here too I'll try to photograph for you.

I don't know what's wrong with me....I haven't felt much like blogging at all lately. All I want to do is read everybody else's blog. So everyone make sure to write about good stuff for the next few days and maybe my mind will be stimulated.