I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Wednesday, January 05, 2005
THE END OF PERFECTION

Brendalove@gmail.com

My New Years' Resolution, the Ultimate Quest for Perfection, died a horrible death today. It all started in my sleep last night. I would come in consciousness just enough to realize something was very wrong. But then when the clock went off this morning, I knew....MIGRAINE!



It hurt so bad I didn't know what to do. I got up and was nauseous so I ate a piece of bread and took a jumbo-sized ibuprofen. I sat down and tried to feel okay but I couldn't even stand for any light to touch my eyes. It didn't take me long to decide....I called in to work, left a message that I would be late, and went back to sleep. And slept and slept. I woke up and sat at the computer a minute but looking at the screen was ghastly. I went back to bed and slept again! I'm figuring that altogether I've slept like 15 or 16 hours! That's incredible. Its been like I was out of mind of something.

I'm finally starting to feel halfway decent...at least until a little while ago when I suddenly realized:


I FORGOT TO CALL BACK INTO WORK TO SAY I WASN'T COMING IN!!!!!!!!!!

I never, ever forget to call in. Never, ever. So I'll probably get fired or something tomorrow. I've had dreams about this kind of thing happening before. Well, I'll just go in and tell da Boss the deal and deal with whatever happens.



So my quest for perfection has already ended.
1. Perfect people don't get headaches.
2. Perfect people do not sleep for 15 to 16 hours, even if they are dying
3. Perfect people do NOT forget to call back into work.
4. Perfect people do NOT feel anxiety like I feel it right now.
5. Perfect people are most likely self-employed.

Happy Birthday to my sister Sunrise 01/05/05!!!!