I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Friday, December 31, 2004
TENDRILS AND TRIBUTES

brendalove@gmail.com

After feedback received, the high speed folks have no problem loading the blog but the dial-ups do. So I've set the front page for 7 days worth of posts because I don't want to leave the dial-ups out in the void of space. Dial-ups deserve Planet priviledges too! LOL. Now its your duty to let me know if this thing loads any easier for you.


I had the most awful dream last night. I dreamed I was hanging around the house, just doing my own thing, when my legs became very uncomfortable-feeling. What could be wrong, I just shaved my legs! So I sit down on the couch, pull up the legs of my jeans and there, on my legs, instead of spontaneous hair growth, there was spontaneous vegetation growth. Kind of like celery or something. Lush tendrils of green growing out of the pores of my legs.

*SCREAMS*
I had become a human Chia Pet! I rushed to the doctor who informed me that I shouldn't worry, it was only a virus and all I needed was a lot of rest, plenty of fluids and a good lawn mower.

What inner workings of the forgotten corners of my brain manufactured this particular dream? Insanity cannot be far behind. I might need some therapy or something. Do guys have freaky dreams like that?


Here's a tribute to all the bands I saw live this year:

Appetite For Destruction - our fake G'nR tribute band, complete with bad wigs.

L'artiste Extraordinaire - Prince - probably the best show this year. And I'm not kidding you.

A Perfect Circle - We had a good time at this show.

Burning Brides - they liked me because I was jamming out while everyone else was standing there like frightened deer caught in the headlights.

Sebadoh - I love these guys and always will. I'm glad I caught them on this tour because I don't know that they'll ever tour again. Sparkle was not impressed with them, though.

American Hi-Fi - Saw them twice.

Butch Walker - saw him twice. Very, very good show.

Wilco - this was a great show too. Weirdness and all.

Velvet Revolver - Tiny club, front row...it rocked out. All you could see were abs.

Guided By Voices - a gloriously drunk band, a beautiful night. Thanks for the memories, guys.

Judas Priest = Heavy metal. You got a problem with that?

All the Ozzfest bands this year. I ain't posting all those pictures.

Local H - just say "JAMMING"

Wish List for 2005 -

Autolux

H.I.M.

The Mars Volta

Tool

Sweetie Pie - in whatever incarnation he chooses.

Also - Queens of the Stone Age, Fiona Apple, The Distillers, Nine Inch Nails and Sleater-Kinney.