I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Friday, November 12, 2004
Welcome To Jail!

BConklin1@nc.rr.com



About a year and a half ago, someone broke into the Ghetto House and took a bunch of stuff. My family has lived here for 4 generations with no crime but we really got our asses kicked that day. TV, computer, Playstation, guitar amp, and a hundred million DVD's and games (but he missed my CDs! Totally awesome)

Well guess what? They caught the dude! Get this....he's only 17 years old, which means he was like only 15 or 16 when he hit the Ghetto House. The police assured me that they felt whoever did it was a young teenager because of the simple fact they chose to steal my Powerpuff girls lunchbox but decided the Beatles lunchbox wasn't worth the effort. Idiot.

But what I didn't realize was that this kid kept right on breaking and entering around here. He is charged with 23 counts of breaking and entering, 17 counts of larceny and two counts of larceny of a firearm. He was breaking in all over the neighborhoods around here. They caught him in the act of doing it right across the road from here on Wednesday. I guess they were able to get him to confess. Hmmm....once again I am compelled to cuddle up with a book and educate myself.
- It's really sad, I think.

Okay, I am preparing myself to leave for the BEACH! By the time you read this, I shall be on my way. Here is a really cool link for you if you have high speed internet:
http://www.nc.rr.com/cams/beachcam.cfm - Of course best viewed during the day...but I put this on the computer at night when I sleep in the living room and sleep to the sound of the waves. I'll see if I can find this cam this weekend and get out there and say hello. If you see some idiot jumping around and waving, it's me.

I just have a funny feeling the Scott Peterson verdict is going to come in while I'm turned loose on the beach. Let us review the complete summary of Scott's defense once again:


God, he looks an awful lot like William Shatner in that pic. Looks like Scotty is out of the Beaming Your Ass Up Business, Captain.

If only Scott had taken the time to hang out at the library and exercise a few brain cells....his life could have turned out very differently. Why, here's a book I bet he could've benefitted greatly from reading and rereading......



KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BABY!

And finally, I just found out that the new Queens of the Stone Age CD, "Lullabies to Paralyze" is coming out on March 22! Good Lord, could things be going any better for me? I LOVE LIFE!


Grand Poobah Troy Van Leeuwen gets into the zone while brewing up some new Queens of the Stone Age.

See ya Monday!