I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, November 25, 2004
Thanksgiving Edition

BConklin1@nc.rr.com


From my Planet to yours.....

Happy Thanksgiving!

I like the Thanksgiving holiday but not as much as other holidays. I like the giving thanks part but I never quite bought into the whole killing the turkey imagery. When I was a little kid I spent a lot of time worried and crying about the turkeys. That didn't stop me from eating them, though. There's something cannibalistic about the whole thing.



And you just know deep in your heart that there was an underlying tension at the first Thanksgiving celebration:



What am I thankful for this year? A whole heck of a lot. Here's a little list:
Being alive. I could very well be dead. Enough said.
My family and friends
My job and that I'm able to make a decent enough living on my own
My material stuff - the Ghetto House, the Ghetto Car, the Ghetto Washing Machine, etc.
The ability to get enjoyment out of the simple things in life.
I love my blog and my blog visitors! Its something I really enjoy doing and I love reading you's
guyses blogs too. Knowhudimsayin? *hugs anyone who's reading this*
I'm thankful for all the good things
I'm thankful for all the bad things because without them, you don't appreciate the good things.

Okay, this shit is getting sappy.


Did you know that every year (since Truman) the President pardons a turkey and allows him to escape being a Thanksgiving meal? I could take this statement and go many places with it, but I'm not going to do it. Feel free to start a flame war in the 'comments' section though. I loooove conflict!



A Blessing for you: "May you always be the smart turkey who escapes the hatchet." I just made that one up!
What do you mean, is that the best I could do?



Have a Happy (and guilt-free) Thanksgiving!