I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Monday, November 15, 2004
I Made It Back!

BConklin1@nc.rr.com



I told you so! I told you so! I knew the Scott Peterson verdict would come in while I was at the beach. And it did. I managed to overhear them announcing it on the TV one of the few times we were in our room....high fives! Although I am totally surpised at a first degree verdict. I mean, I know in my heart the man is guilty as sin, but the case is circumstantial evidence....but oh what circumstantial evidence it is. I was just hoping for a second degree verdict with no parole. Woooo, we might be talking death penalty here.

I'll keep it short and sweet here....the beach was great! It was cold and windy but I love all that.


This was the view from the balcony of the room. You could have waterskied on that water.


This little buddy has the post-election blues. He doesn't feel like his vote counted for much this year.




Here is the entrance to Fort Macon. I've been here a gazillion times and every time I go I learn something different. This time I learned that not only was this fort used during the Civil War, but that it was also pressed back into use during World War II.


Here's one of the old barracks - a very dark and damp place to be hanging around. You have to admire soldiers who kept their spunk in adverse conditions.



The people at Fort Macon were so happy I was there they gave me an arsenal to use on those days when PMS just gets the better of me.....

It is unknown at this moment in time exactly when the soldiers began using crack cocaine:

Ha ha! Just kidding. That's some kind of ancient remedy medicine those soldiers were using. I wouldn't be surprised to find out there was a lot of cocaine in those old medications though. They used to put it in Coca Cola so why not!


Did you know that Jimmy Page had a new gig modeling World War II uniforms? Eddie Murphy was there too!

Here's where the soliders threw each other into the oven and cremated one another just for fun and laughs. No really, they would put non-explosive cannonballs down the chimney of this thing and when they got glowing red hot, fire them out in hopes of hitting and setting a wooden ship afire.




We went here for some fun but I don't seem to recall exactly what happened.


But I woke up and had managed to park up there. I received a community award for "Creative Driving".....I didn't even know I could drive a tractor! Heh heh!

My weekend was good. I hope your's was too!