I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Wednesday, November 24, 2004
Drive-By Concert

BConklin1@nc.rr.com



Sparkle and I went to see Local H last night and we had a blast! We did what I have nick-named the "Drive-by Concert Experience". See, when I found out Local H was coming I got all excited….only to have the wind taken out of my sails when I realized that they were the opening band. I wasn’t going all the way to Raleigh to see an opening band. Or….would I? You knew I'd break down and go!

Because you see, I have a music problem….and I couldn’t let it go. And I’m so glad I didn’t let it go! We swooped in and swooped right back out the door again. 2 beers and a band, in bed before the 11:00 o’clock news is over…..you just can’t beat it. It was about a 45 minute set and a 45 minute drive one way. We could have stayed for Finger Eleven but we didn't want to. Yeah, I know, totally insanity but welcome to my world. We had soooo much fun!

I’m just glad Sparkle came along with me or we would have NO pictures….since nothing I took came out. Since I got this camera I have come to realize I don’t have a very steady hand. Also the quality may have been compromised because we didn’t use a flash…we were trying to be respectful of l'artiste!


Here's one of the pictures I took...um....this picture makes my eyes feel very, very funny. How can I possibly suck so bad at photography?

Local H is one of those bands where there’s no fuss, no techies fiddling with the gadgetry, they just throw the drum set up there and plug in the guitar and that’s all that’s needed. They roared through their set and we the audience roared right along with them.


"Just let me plug in and we're ready to roll"...


I first saw Local H around 1996 with the Stone Temple Pilots. A guy named Joe Daniels was drummer then. Now its Brian St. Clair. This is the only picture I could get of Brian....we were not in the right place to get pics of him at all. Plus he gets so into his drumming that it wouldn't have been anything but a blur of hair anyway.


"I'm back here....look harder. Never mind, don't, I'm really shy."

The sound was LOUD. Very loud. Courtesy of the Scott Lucas amp. He doesn't have a Marshall amp. He has a Marsha amp.


"Marsha, Marsha, MARSHA!"

Scott decides to come down and jam out with us High-Fivin' MFs in the audience. Is this the new fad among bands lately? You won't see this happening at the arenas.....



So what can I say? We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and rocked out hard for like, 45 minutes. Then we came home. It was really stupid of me to do this because I have been very sick but like I've said before....I have this music problem. When we left I felt bad again and was coughing like crazy. If I get pneumonia, I deserve it. BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!

Sparkle appeared to be having the time of her life while we were there, but she only had one thing to say about it all later........


"You know, that Scott guy kind of looks like Johnny Knoxville." LOL
Up next....Butch Walker, December 4th.