I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Sunday, November 28, 2004
Deep Thoughts

BConklin1@nc.rr.com

- Imagine the "Jeopardy" tune playing.

Sometimes I think the whole world has gone mad. Here's a story for you:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/11/27/vatican.orthodox.ap/index.html
The Vatican, in a supreme gesture of showing the Orthodox church that they are down with their agenda and anxious to be as one nation under a groove....have returned bones from saints who perished in the crusades 1,000 years ago. Huh? I'm sure I should probably be reverently impressed by this but something about the whole thing seems so....barbaric. Isn't this something that Pope Von Ban de Schmeer should have done at Castle Greyskull a few centuries back? It just seems like a very odd gesture to me here in the Year of Our Lord 2004. "Yes, we've made many strides towards peaceful reconcilliation through the centuries but all shall not be forgiven until we get them BONES back, you wretched papal rogue."


He-Man could have solved the problem, if only he'd known.....

Blogger's comments section has really sucked for the last 20 hours or so. I know I should switch to the other comment thingie everyone else uses but when Texas Gurl did it, she lost all her comments. Actually that's just an excuse not to sit down and actually figure out what I need to do to make it happen.

The ghost made an appearance again last night....I think! I would be willing to write this one off as imagination this time, because I was dead asleep. There I was, curled up in the Ghetto Bed, and Miss Kitty was sleeping on her pillow next to me. And all of a sudden I hear a voice ask, more like demand.....Who? Who? WHO? I got awake and when I opened my eyes the first thing I saw was Miss Kitty standing at attention and fur standing on end. I didn't hear it again. It wasn't like an owl "who" either....it was a voice but I can't identify it as male or female. I was still sleepy enough I would have just written it off to dreaming and gone back to sleep if it hadn't been for Miss Kitty acting like she was. So how did it all end? Me and Miss Kitty heading for the couch to sleep, as usual.



Guess what happened to me a little while back? I got a G-Mail account. I was jonesing for one really bad, I WANTED it. Me being G-Mailless just confirmed my status as just an every day internet bum. Then....I got an invite! It was like Cinderella going to the ball. I registered...and yes, they had brendalove@gmail.com available! And it's mine, all mine! I've been divorced for YEARS now, I need a new email address and now I have one of the trendiest email addresses on the NET! But now I'm suffering from the same syndrome as changing from Blogger comments....lackadaisical inertia. I mean, I've had BConklin1@nc.rr.com for a long, long time. I'm registered for all kinds of newsletters and updates and Oil of Olay coupons and all these Princes fromTahiti and Kings of Nuumba are always sending me mail wanting me to open bank accounts for them. I'm IMPORTANT at rr.com. So I'm turning it over to you guys....do you think I should make the leap and change it all over to Gmail? Or keep my reputation as top random email virus recipient at rr.com?



In other World news, Iran is not agreeable to a new nuclear resolution put forward..... http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/11/27/iran.nuclear/index.html
"Iran has maintained throughout the negotiations that its nuclear program is intended solely for peaceful purposes." - can someone please explain that statement to me? Do they mean their nuclear program is only intended to supply nuclear power to its citizens? Also...how can we ask/demand that another nation to give up its nuclear abilities yet retain our own? I mean, I'm not real happy about Iran having nuclear abilities either...but you have to look at it from an Iranian point of view. I'm sure they think WE'RE the most trustworthy ones to handle all the nuclear stuff. NOT.



Anyway, why are we worried about Iran when we really need to worry about Billy Bob Bigloser, who is 12 years old and surfing the internet unsupervised? *shivers*

Well, there's no where to go with this post except for the end of the world, so I'm going to stop. I really, really need to go back to work and stop doing all this fatalistic thinking.


NO! I won't let it end this way! I'm going out on a high note....

So here are 10,000 cute cuddly puppies instead!