I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Wednesday, November 17, 2004
Britney Sucks

BConklin1@nc.rr.com

Its been awhile since I've had a good bitching session. So allow me.....things that are getting on my nerves at the moment:




  • Britney Spears. She's got this new video out for that old Bobby Brown song, "My Perogative". The video is pretty much what you would expect, lots of underwear, boobs, crotch grinding and such. My complaint is....oh God....her voice! Its so awful I can't believe it! I realize that not everyone is a "music connoisseur" (as I've been accused of being), that not everyone cares about the quality of what they're listening to, and that some people just plain ol' have bad taste...but holy shit! Of course, she has millions of dollars and we only have our piggy banks, but no one said life was going to make sense. Do NOT miss this song, whatever you do. You won't believe it.
  • And while we're on the subject of naked and grinding.....what's up with the football fans? ABC had to issue an apology for showing a skit of one of the Desperate Housewives seducing a football player in the locker room as the introduction to the game. Since when did football fans, who will sit through Sexual Innuendo Beer Commercial after Sexual Innuendo Beer Commercial with no complaint, suddenly get all sensitive? I do feel the sexual content of just about everything has totally crossed the line....but I just find it amusing that the backlash is occurring amongst football fans. Whodathunkit?
  • Iraqi hostage Margaret Hassan, director of CARE International in Iraq, taken prisoner by an unidentified Iraqi insurgent group and shot in the head on video. Yeah, the insurgents are really helping us to identify with their causes and concerns. Whatever, Assholes.
  • The yearly Leonid meteor shower is passing through this week. Why do these sky things always happen on week nights and the best visible time is like, 3:30 in the morning?


    An artist's interpretation of the 1833 Leonid shower.

And finally, here are some of my beach treasures I found. All the conch shells and sand dollars were broken so I don't have any of those to show....but check these out:

This poor crab must have had one hell of a headache when he was alive. Check out all the barnacles that encrusted themselves on his head. Please be assured that no crabs or barnacles were harmed in the making of this picture.

Here's a fossil of....something. I'm not sure if its of a sea creature or just sea vegetation. (This is why I want the microscope for Christmas) Actually it kind of looks like a sea sperm. EWWWW!

Here's some random shells. No, I did not buy these at the store. And nothing was living in these shells, I checked.

One of the many reasons (besides me, that is) that you should consider visiting our fine state: