I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Tuesday, November 09, 2004
Ah, The Drama Which Is Life!

BConklin1@nc.rr.com

Well today was quite a drama-packed day. A friend at work was all upset when I got there this morning and wanted to take a walk and talk. Girlfriend was falling apart because she thinks she might be pregnant...again. She wants to have an abortion but then again she doesn't. I told her if she wanted to have an abortion I would stand by her...but if she really wants to keep the baby I would help her. There's a million things I could do to help. I know between the two of us we could get her child raised. She seemed to feel better just knowing there was someone who cared. But first things first...she's taking a pregnancy test in the morning.



"Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones
Got a Basketball Jones, oh baby, oo-oo-ooo"

Yes its that time of year again....jonesin' for some Duke University basketball...We have a real basketball problem here in about a 60 mile radius of this state. People get very insane about it. I went to a funeral last year where the guy who died was a UNC fan...and I'm not kidding you...he was in a sky-blue coffin surrounded by UNC memorabilia. Someone had ordered a big spray of sky-blue carnations with a huge ribbon that said "In Tar Heel Heaven." I guess its just destiny that I'm a Duke fan...you can send a wreath that says "Down With The Devil" and everyone at work will say "SEE I TOLD YOU SO!"

At the grocery store this evening there was a guy in the produce department who was oozing sex appeal all over the fruits and vegetables. He was really cute and he knew he'd caught my eye. He grabbed a horseradish root and gave me a meaningful smile. That was my cue to get the hell out of there as quickly as possible, which I did. If I am attracted to someone, you can bet they are either convicted felons, crackheads, or assholes. It's just how my luck runs and I don't even try to tempt fate anymore. I think he wanted to give me his horseradish root though.

- EWWWWW!


Speaking of dicks, in the Scott Peterson case, it appears that the jury is deadlocked. The judge called them in today and lectured them on "deliberating with an open mind." From CNN:

"Jurors have two choices should they decide to convict Peterson -- first- or second-degree murder. First-degree convictions, carrying the death penalty of life without parole, would mean jurors believe Peterson planned the killings in advance. Second-degree murder convictions don't require a finding of premeditation, and carry sentences of 15-years-to-life for each count."

Come on, you guys. We'll settle for life. No parole. DO NOT SCREW THIS UP.



Here's a veiled message (always popular in blogs)!
You: Sum yung guy, smart, talented, we'll call you...um....ah...gee....PAUL!
Me: This has nothing to do with me and everything to do with someone we have in common. This someone is becoming more and more crazy about you. However, as you already know, there is ANOTHER certain someone in the picture....and this is causing a lot of confusion about how she feels. Do not feel surprised if she pulls back from becoming better friends with you right now because she doesn't want to hurt anyone. But who knows what the future might hold! So keep this on the down low...the WAY down low.



Ah, the drama which is life!

And finally....I can't get this stupid ass song out of my mind! (We like tha moon! We like Zeppelins!)

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/